I know a lot a people are against fasting, but it has done wonders for me. It’s helped me to learn how to really listen to my body. It’s helped me gain self-control when it comes to overeating and it’s helped me to focus on the reason why I’ve been eating too much.
I drank 112 oz. of water, with 64 0z. being distilled water and the rest lemon water. I woke up at around 6:30a and broke my fast at 9pm with some quick Tortilla Soup and Tortilla strips.
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup lower sodium V8
- 1 chicken bullion cube
- 1 cup of canned black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1/2 diced tomato (fresh or canned)
- 1 cup of cooked Mexican rice (I used leftovers)
- 1/4 of a packet of taco seasoning
- 1/4 cup taco sauce
- In a pot, bring water and V8 to a boil. Add bullion cube and let it dissolve.
- Lower heat to medium. Add taco sauce and taco seasoning. Stir.
- Add tomato, black beans and rice. Simmer for 5 minutes. Let cool and enjoy!
- 1 Tortilla, cut in half and then in 1/2” strips
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Garlic powder, to taste
- Canola oil cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut your tortilla in half. Stack one halve on top of the other. Cut into 1/2” strips.
- Spray your baking sheet with a little cooking spray.
- Place your strips down with a little space in between each.
- Sprinkle salt, pepper and garlic powder over strips to your liking.
- Place strips in the oven for 5-8 minutes, or until golden brown at edges.
- Let cool for a few minutes. Enjoy along side your soup as chips or even on top as a garnish!
Yesterday’s weigh in: 175.6lbs.
Today’s weigh in: 173.6lbs.
I know its water weight, but still very exciting.
EDIT: I also had a caramel mocha latte and a cup of green tea.